Gets Weekends Off
82spukram
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2009
  • Position
    A320 FO
Sure. This is going to be long and unedited so enjoy.

I live in TX (3hours and 15 min "IF" you drive the speed limit to IAH. Currently I take about 8-9 hours to get to JFK. (Drive 2 hours to DFW) then commute plus leave a back up. Now I know move to a b6 base. I lived just outside of Philly when I took the job at B6, drove to work, love it. Then I met my wife and screwed up my entire life. Moved to Texas , got married, supported my wife through grad school and ended up in Tyler Texas for a "few" months while my wife looked for jobs with in 2 hours of B6 bases. It was 2010-2011 time frame. Not much going on......then I got talked into starting a company with my wife.....yup I'm a sucker. So long story short I went all in on the wife's business and that is the first smart move I have made....her business is unbelievable. She can pay all the bills (just 18 months in). I believe she will be making more than me in 2 years.

So that is 1/3

Part 2/3
Next: Do you work for b6?
I am guessing you do not, well we are NOT wn! We had potential but then we changed CEO's (David Needleman is no friend to labor but he said he was going to do something and actually did it). Our current CEO is doing his job, I expect him to respect his fiduciary responsibility to the share holder, however over the last 4 years we have take away after takeaway from the pilots. Think of it as a fundamental shift......with weak profits to show. Our health care is major medical with industry high deductible. Retirement: just got to 13% through a back wards way. Profit sharing, HA.....that's part of your retirement. Work rules stacked in company favor. And trending to industry low compensation. And now they want unlimited domestic two code share. I could go on about the PVC structure but I am sure almost everyone has stopped reading. So onto.......

Part 3/3

No one in my family works in the airlines. I have been taking wild @ss guesses on how to make this career happen. But as a child my father traveled a lot. One summer we took a family vacation and my dad and I left a day early and took United. A full day of hanging out with my dad (we drove through parts of the midwest and did 100 plus mph, let me pee on the side of the road, eat what ever wanted ......all things mom would have been ****ed about) Probably one of he best days of my childhood. So this is why United (along with some other reason....but honestly who cares), found memories soon to be destroyed by making my job (good thinking?)

As a fellow pilot part 2 is what you looking for but I wanted to paint the whole picture. Moving, not going to happen. Money, we live a conservative life style (bought house based off of e190 Fo pay at 70 hours month). A little bit of Dream job. I should point out I have always said biggest complaint about b6, my commute. If you know me then you know I am not Downer all the time. I like my life......just b6 doesn't offer me anything worth commuting for anymore.