View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:30 PM
TMoney
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: 717 Sidekick

Originally Posted by What View Post
ALPA wouldn't let you in the conference, the conference was the idea of some Eagle elected Reps, the same guys who out pressure for the B scale to go down the drain after the AE MEC chairman presented it to the company with ALPA's blessing. The AE MEC chairman along with ALPA national didn't allow SKW and RAH in the call. This did not sit well with the pilot groups and with the LEC reps who did all the leg work to bring everyone together. SKW and RAH union leadership has been contacted and briefed on how everyone will work together from now on whether ALPA likes it or not. We will replace the MEC chairman next week and so far it looks like we will put someone there who will look to work with ALL other regionals. The guy currently sitting there works for management and is protected by ALPA national... The pilots are seeking legal action against him for wasting thousands of dollars and fraud.
Thank you very much for the update. I know there are some people who will always be negative and post about how we can't get along if we aren't all unionized or that if you are unionized you're in the wrong. Every company is different and has reasons for having or not having a union. That should be respected. If you don't work there then you don't know the reasons for others to want to have or not have a union. At SkyWest I am happy to not have a union because I don't think we need one. If I was at Republic, I may feel differently towards unions. Bottom line, I'm just appreciative of hearing that the Eagle pilots (and hopefully all regional pilots) are willing to look beyond the union issue to keep from losing quality of life at any and all of our respective companies. Union or non-union. We are all pretty damn kickass and should get paid more...not accept concessionary contracts. Stay positive and stick together, regardless of what company name is on the nose of the plane in tiny letters that the flying public never notices or really cares about.