View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:16 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by snp1973 View Post
Well with all of the hiring wave news (hah!) I tend to get a little bit of, "the grass is greener" syndrome going.
Hey snp - sounds like you have a pretty good deal going. Question for you - - and you sort of hit on it in your opening line bolded above - - is this 'grass is always greener' syndrome just part of your personality?
I know a gal who has the 'rolling stone' syndrome She complains about never settling down and letting roots grow, but when given the chance to do just that, she gets the 3-5 year itch going and decideds that she is bored with the area, the job, etc... and looks at moving on. Of course these two *ideas* are are in direct conflict with each other but it is just part of her make-up. I'm just wondering even if you did make the switch if you would be looking back at the old life and wondering if you should go back to your old corporate job after a couple of downfalls in the P121 industry that you be likely to experience. A constant 'grass is greener' question always in the back of your mind.
Good luck in whatever decision you make.