View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:22 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Pilotpip View Post
Wow. That escalated quickly. Things really got out of hand...

Thanks for illustrating why industry or not, I have not only avoided this forum for quite a while I seriously questioned even posting this.

This used to be a great place for information. It's really sad to see it become what it has.

I LOVE when guys use this line! I know we're all thinking of Ron Burgundy.

Originally Posted by OCCP View Post
Don't let those guys get to you. If you've found something that works and makes you feel content, then that's all that matters. I'm sure you know that already or you wouldn't have made the jump. Thanks for starting this thread, I certainly appreciate it because I like reading positive stories and I'm glad you have no regrets. Life's too short to always be chasing the carrot at the end of a stick.

Joey and johnso29: I left XJT for vx. It's been a pleasant change and being based out west is soooo nice!
That's great news! I know you were a branded refugee, & were really wanting to get back to the west coast. VX is perfect for you. Congrats again. Have you caught yourself sleep commuting to IAH or ORD yet? You wake up in airport at a UAL gate waiting for a IAH flight?

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
I'd like to thank Pilotpip and OCCP for sharing their feelings and perspectives. I'm not really sure what was so inflammatory. There can be interesting nuggets to pass along to prospective and current professional pilots to read about those who have left a flying career for something else.

Absolutely. Pilotpip put his thoughts in the proper forum, & I too thank him for sharing. Being an airline pilot isn't for everyone. It doesn't always work out the way everyone wants or plans. It's nice to know the options that exist outside of the 121 line grunt world.