Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 AM
hypoxia
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2010

Originally Posted by Unknown Rider View Post
I know we're not supposed to squeeze the Yoke too hard, but geez! Don't worry, it's just a yolk.

So riddle me this Batman, are we supposed to send everyone back to training so they can perform windshear profile takeoffs? Because that will drive you to a 15/0 takeoff. What if the climb gradient requires a 15/0 takeoff? We have to pull someone off the trip and deadhead another pilot in who can do the takeoff? The fact is we have all had training on 15/0 takeoffs during initial and a little word of caution should have been all that was needed. Just my opinion.
I actually can see a need for reject/go training on the normal 15/0 takeoff! For so many years we have been doing 15/20 takeoffs with a "V1/rotate" callout virtually simultaneously. Now its "V1" one potato, two potato, potato, "Rotate". I'm concerned a "normal" flap 15/0 takeoff at lets say an airport like Burbank with an "engine failure" callout two potato past V1 may result in a reject because the nose is still on the ground. Kind of a muscle memory thing. Could be ugly!

"Change is often the genesis of mistakes." I agree!

Last edited by hypoxia; 08-05-2013 at 06:40 AM.