Thread: Cape Air
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
ackattacker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Pitot heat, what's to eat?

Originally Posted by Dokk View Post
FO's at Cape don't take away seats from paying passengers unless they're required for the flight. Otherwise they're positive space. If the flights full the FO gets bumped not the pax.

SIC's are required in our 135 op specs, with the autopilot making an exemption to the rule. Therefore SIC can be logged regardless of the autopilot.

They've hired people with real low time in the past but it's not the norm. The Gateway program with jetBlue is probably the best way to go if your son went to an AABI school and did his training there.
I don't think you understand what positive space means. I know they get bumped, hence the "glorified non-rev" remark. Does wonders for ones self-esteem as a professional pilot to get left behind in Ogdensburg, NY because they had to squeeze on a runner.

I have very mixed feelings about the JetBlue gateway program. Suffice it to say it's a good thing for management of both companies. In today's hiring environment, there are certainly other options for aspiring pilots.