Thread: SLI timeline
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 PM
R57 relay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: A320 Capt

Originally Posted by Irishish View Post
So, there is a deadline 24 months after the effective date for the arbitrators to make a final decision, but the arbitration can't even begin until the final approval of the JCBA? What kind of timeline is there for the JCBA?
This I can't cut and paste. From the USAPA "Flight Plan To Merger" it goes like this:

-POR=Effective date
-On Effective date USAPA, APA and AA start JCBA negotiations
-Within 4 months of Effective date a petition is made to NMB for single carrier status(will determine our union)
-Single carrier status expected within 6-8 months of effective date
-Within 30 days of single carrier determination, JCBA negotiations complete. If not complete a final and binding JCBA arbitration will be done within 90 days of single carrier determination.

So through all of that I come up with final JCBA within a year of POR, and max of final SLI three years from POR. The number I keep hearing is everything done in a little over two years from now.

The fly in the ointment. There is currently litigation ongoing between the west pilot through The Army of Leonidas and USAPA. As everyone well knows, neither side has shown any sign of backing down. Will this affect the above timeline? I have no idea, but suspect so.