View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 AM
yimke
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: PNF

Originally Posted by makersmarc View Post
Whenever I hear someone opining whether someone "needs" a certain amount I am reminded of this quote:

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs."

So do you really "need" a new truck? There are people out there walking to work. Do you really "need" a bigger house? A boat?

You see, there are a lot of things that we as ordinary pilots don't really need, just like CEOs don't "need" $1.1 million in compensation. We are arguing about degrees. Who do you think should be the arbiter of what a person "needs?"
I believe that their salary for a regional airline is out of standard. ANA CEO makes an equivalent of $600,000 a year. A major airline. I believe this is a fair market value of his skills and assets to his company.

But for a regional airline, making over 1 million a year is insane. Its not that he needs a bigger house, or boat. Its that they WANT it. Taking a bigger payout, when your company NEEDS those funds to supply ample MX and staffing is selfish. Have you seen some of the paintjobs, its embarrassing if one of the passengers were to look from the outside at it. That is why we are at the bottom of the performance list.