View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM
AtlCSIP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: 737 Left

Originally Posted by newarkblows View Post
I would be fine with BH getting the raise if he was actually working towards making this airline succeed. Instead we have a broken payroll system, simple IT issues that need fixing, we are turning down block hours due to short sighted staffing projections, and he is sitting atop a bloated and ineffectual middle management that is more interested in patting themselves on the back for a successful Acey Day rather than running the airline that pays for the acey day.

We are headed towards a Comair type scenario on the ERJ side within 5 years. Telling us we aren't competitive because of industry stagnation and senior pilots isn't going to fix anything and yet that is all BH has in is deck of cards. Upper management wants a "super" regional and yet their plans are to shrink us to profitability... it doesn't work that way. On the conference call a caller basically asked them this very thing after they had said terminating leases would make them more profitable and he asked "if you have fewer planes won't your costs go up by having more senior crew" ... and they acted caught off guard. We are being "managed" into skywest flying all replacement aircraft and the Expressjet side operating the XR's and half the current delta airplanes... Why should we give concessions when they have already laid out the plan?
While I agree with many of your points, I would disagree with your point about BH. I believe he is, in fact, working toward making this place better based solely on the testimony of the many captains I have flown with who comment about how much better this place (crj side) is now compared to how it was under every management team before. Could it be better? Yes. Should it be better? Yes. Will it be better? Nobody really knows. Like my mama always said... Plan for the worst and hope for the best.