View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by AtlCSIP View Post
Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
When I look at the raise from 2010 to 2012, I see unfairness since 1) they gave themselves a 73% raise while many FOs got no raises, 2)for those that did get raises, for many it barely covered inflation while there's was 73%, and 3) we now know they have been planning in asking for concessions all along while telling us they weren't (negotiating in bad faith), and 4) Skywest Inc is profitable and ExpressJet airlines seems to be operationally profitable, and 4) it's not the pilots' fault they we aren't making as much money as they want us to, and 5) they insist on paying for two sets of management teams and two sets of facilities and systems and processes, and staff to run two separate airlines.

Do I need to keep going to explain why it's unfair that they get their 73% raises from 2010 to 2012 while they later ask us for pay cuts? Is that you BH?

That's all great and I agree but where this argument falls apart in this particular instance is that management did not provide any capital. They are labor as well.
No, I am not BH. I am, in fact, a 3yr ASA FO. I also have a degree in engineering, so I can do math, and BH's raise over 2 years is actually a little over 25%, which is 12-13% per year (actually less, fiscally speaking, but that is a different topic). Is 12% per year too much?
If you look at my post, even though I used there instead of their, I'm talking about the entire executive team from the link provided. And again, I made a point and backed it up with five different facts. But to answer your question, yes I do believe that 12% is too much in light of the five facts previously mentioned. Don't you think so?