View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 05:18 PM
AtlCSIP
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009
Position: 737 Left

Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
Again, it's not just one person's raise we are talking about. They are giving raises out to two management teams when the job can be done with one. Yet they ask us to give back some of ours? How is not the two related since it all comes from the same bottom line? Why are you so defensive about them with me when I haven't skewed the facts posted about their raises? Let me put it this way, if you were this executive management team, would you give yourself the raises they have from 2010-2012 and then ask your workers to forgo some of their small compensation? If not, why not. And of not, then what's the difference?
Again, different point, and I am not being defensive of them, but I have owned and operated businesses in the past, so my perspective is different than most.

We weren't talking about the potential waste associated with 2 management teams, although I would agree with you they should be unnecessary by now, resulting in savings.

What I would do wasn't the point, but since you asked, I have never asked for pay concessions from an employee who worked for me and do not believe pay concessions are the correct way to proceed in relation to our situation. I have let people go who were not worth the pay they received, but I digress. Our issue has nothing to do with the problem of management raises or the waste associated with 2 management teams. Our issue is 1. Are we worth more than we are currently paid? Generally, yes, and 2. What can we do to increase our productivity and/or value added to justify additionl compensation beyond that which we are currently worth? If you can answer number 2 (I have some ideas, though they would not be popular) then you have reached a realistic point from which to bargain/negotiate for additional compensation beyond that needed to get us where we already should be. Once we show that our raises are deserved (which I believe they are) it is management's responsibility to determine how to fund those raises, which, you would think, would include eliminating one of the management teams, but that is their problem, not ours.

I'm on your team. We are fighting for the same things. We are worth more regardless of what management does, and that needs to be our point in negotiations.

Last edited by AtlCSIP; 08-09-2013 at 05:31 PM.