View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:09 PM
mosteam3985
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009
Position: still here...

Originally Posted by Irishish View Post
This guy.

Bank at a 90 degree angle, huh? They were probably only around 70...quit exaggerating.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/bu...eat.html?_r=1&

"We were supposed to be flying into Midway International and the pilot’s approach was long and slow. As we were coming in for the landing, not more than 1,000 feet off the ground, the pilot made a sharp turn to the right. The turn was so tight that he seemed to bank at a 90-degree angle. I had the window seat and was looking straight down at the ground. I could hear alarm bells going off in the cockpit. Just as I was convinced we were going to flip over on our back like a turtle, and any turtle can tell you that is not a good thing, the plane went into another 90-degree turn. But this time, it was to the left. I looked out the window again and I saw stars.

It seemed the pilot confused Chicago O’Hare with Chicago Midway and was landing at the wrong airport. At the last minute either he or the control tower realized the problem and he tried to correct his mistake. When we finally did land at Midway, the pilot bolted off the plane. I have never seen anyone move that fast. I haven’t flown on that particular airline since."

I just don't even know how I would respond to someone like this. Yeesh.