View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Angry

Originally Posted by Navajo31 View Post
From what I understand, those furloughed less than two years ago were given the chance to interview in seniority order. For those furloughed in 2008 and 2009, there is no "list". They are simply people who worked for the company once, and may be interviewed and selected for hire in any order without consideration of original hire date.

I also understand - but have not confirmed - that while the "less than two" recallees were given credit for time in service, the 2008 and 2009 pilots who come back will be at year 1.
WOW!

That truly blows... Don't they have some kind of "student government" pilot/management committee that could negotiate a less draconian furlough policy? I know that they gave the pilots a pay raise after Netjets got their contract to keep a union off the property, but there is more to a career than just pay. A written furlough policy would take about ten minutes to write and wouldn't cost the company one red cent. I'd be glad to write it for them as I have written a few.

And they could dump that interview again for your old job and save money. And coming back to year 1 is utter BS...

Furloughs can happen to us all; Why don't the senior pilots there step and rattle some cages. Oh, and the threat of a union campaign makes them play nice for a while....