View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 04:38 AM
Junglejett
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

It really does not matter who I work for since this information is pretty much universal.

I make good money...about $700.00 a day. Life here is that you fly, eat chow, go to the gym, hang out. Not much else to do.

Most operators prefer former military..but that is not a show stopper.

I came here with over 4000 hour total time/3000 multi/2500+ in jets, and about 350 turbo prop. Jet times seems to matter little. Low time guys without a mil background will have a tough go at it..and many places are no longer hiring.

If you cannot pass a clearance, your chances are slim..and they go balls deep into your life. Medical is not too bad...but most contracts require a military review of your fitness to fly.

Originally Posted by mspano85 View Post
This is all still interesting to me. Just curious, who are you working for and what are you making in terms of salary? Any details on your daily/weekly/monthly life? What are your qualifications? Were they pretty stiff on medicals, clearances, etc..?

The way it's typed sounds like I'm harassing you, but I promise, the questions are genuine questions I'm curious about. While some will say don't go, it's still something I'd like to experience if possible.

Thanks for any input.