Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 06:12 AM
frmrdashtrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Upright

Originally Posted by EYBusdriver View Post
Am I being "toolish" when I hear the CRJ 900 being referred to as the "nine"? I flew the Nine for ten years but I knew it as the DC-9.
Is the "academy" in Colorado or is it Embry Riddle?
You're correct in your assumption. The 9, is the DC-9, and the Academy is in Colderado. Unless you're a virgin......

When I was flying the Dash 8 we had a guy get in the airplane wearing a pilot uniform with wings neither of us recognized. Asked the FA to find out who he flew for. Turned out it was a Comair Academy guy going home wearing a full on airline pilot costume. He told the FA "I'm going to fly for Delta one day". My eyes rolled so hard I thought I was going to have to file for disability.

Speaking of costume, last year I pulled my uniform out of storage and went to a Halloween party as a drunk pilot. Disheveled hair, popped collar, smeared lipstick stain on cheek (unplanned), pack of smokes in shirt pocket, misaligned buttons, and a half empty bottle of rum. Seemed to go over well with more than one person asking where I got the costume. Not sure whether that qualifies for tool, cool, or none of the above.