View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Learjet driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: 30 West

[QUOTE=TenYearsGone;1462860]In all honesty: The higher the risk, the better the reward.

I would go! There are no Pension plans anymore to consider or worry about and most the airlines will be hiring soon so If you have a solid financial plan and a means to save for the unexpected, the move to Frontier can be beneficial.

Franke is buying Frontier to make money. Either by growing it (my guess) or by parting it out (doubt that).

If he is growing it, then guess what, the pilots and employees will "reap" the rewards of career advancement. Hopefully, Franke will not come to ask for concessions and hopefully Frontier employees will not give anymore. The Frontier employees have given more than enough. SO it is really up to the employee leadership to show the value and worth of the current employee structure and discount that Franke is getting. The reward is HUGE with this type buyout (if it goes the way I am thinking). Spirit will have a viable competitor in a couple years.

If he is parting it, then you can apply to another airline and more than likely get hired. I am assuming the airlines will be hiring very soon and by mass amounts

IMHO, Frontier would be a good risk. But I have been wrong before.

TEN[/QUOTE

I see your point and hope it works out for you but if you wind up looking for another job you could end up at the bottom of the list at DAL, UAL or AMR at the end of a big hiring wave. The difference of one year during a big hiring boom could easily be 1000 numbers.