View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM
aviatorhi
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat

Originally Posted by yimke View Post
No. You can only jumpseat on your own airline internationally.
Hence why I said "cabin jumpseat".

Originally Posted by Aspilot View Post
You can Jumpseat but cabin only. The 1W is only authorized for crew of that airline.
Well, yes I agree with you functionally, however if CASS is used in conjunction with other screening methods it is allowed provided the TSA allows you to make a change to your TFSSP. Reason I agree functionally is because I know 9/10 carriers out there don't want to do a 2 or 3 step process for screening and are waiting for ICASS to become the standard. CASS is nothing more than a computerized employment verification platform.

I normally do this on cargo flights, this is my first try for PAX flights since schedules have changed in the freighter world. With cargo flights it was always easier since their flight following departments back in the states would control the screening / authorization.

Originally Posted by conquestdz View Post
I do Shanghai back to the states on United about once a month. List at the counter plenty early, and mention OMC.
Thanks for the input, I'll probably end up with an ID90 for backup.
Would it also be helpful to have myself listed on both carriers for the flights a few days ahead?

Is there any particular language or things I can convey to the CSA about where to look in their computer? I assume they have access to the same applications / tools as a CSA in the US, or is that not the case?

Thanks again.