Thread: JB Union
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Bob_Sacamano
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Southwest 737 FO

I do have to say that while I don't agree with your stance, I can understand a lot of it. I proudly wear my ALPA Battlestar on my JetBlue tie, and I'm on the ALPA organizing committee. To equate a JB pilot with a fu&^ing Scab is ludicrous...

Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
Let me address both your points.

1. As Union members, they should have known better than to accept employment at a non-Union carrier which AT THE TIME was paying well below legacy wages/benefits. They opportunisticly took advantage of their furlough to "jump ahead" in seniority, hoping B6 would be a survivor. They UNDERCUT EVERY UNION PILOT IN AMERICA!!! And they knew full well what they were doing when they were doing it. Then, they tried to justify it saying, "I had to feed my family." That's how scabs justify crossing picket lines.

2. The current pay scales for narrowbody Capts. at legacy carriers is a direct result of B6 pay scales. How can you not see that. B6 was going great guns, making money and was the darling of the industry, BASED ON LOWER LABOR COSTS AND SWEETHEART AIRBUS LEASES. Legacy managers used the Bankruptcy Code to dump their retirement obligations and gut Union pay scales. The early success of B6 was the impetus for the suffering UAL and USAir pilots experience today.

Extend 'professional courtesy' to these guys? I think not.