Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
CP's at other airlines wont fire you for some of the reasons that ours has. I care if he loves or hates me because he's the one in control of my job and I'll tell you right now my run in with him is a huge factor in my leaving. Sure an upgrade will most likely come faster here than at others places, but I refuse to work for a company that does business like Silver does. Expressing my concerns up the chain of command did nothing so it was time to talk with my feet. With that being said every airline, job, industry etc. etc. has problems and IMO you try and choose the one with the least sometimes you hit a home run and other times you strike out, but you can always go out to bat for another team if need be. You want more info PM me.
Cruz -

How long do you think it will be before the luster wears off at your new company? Will it last longer than the love fest at Silver?
You are awfully critical of Silver when you praised them so highly not so long ago for having enough faith in you to give you that chance you so desired. Seems your attitudes shift pretty quickly.

It is good you 'talked with your feet'.
More should do that. I hope this time around that you listen a little more closely to some of those that have gone before you.

As for some of the other comments:
- How do you know CPs at other airlines won't fire you for the same things that you allege the CP at Silver fired people for?
- Is he really the one in control of your job? I'm seriously asking this because I would think that there would be quite a few others who would have a say in a termination (your union for one).
- I'm not sure if you have ever posted about your run-in with the CP, but are you sure that you wouldn't get the same results if you brought up a similar problem at your new airline?