View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Bulldog319
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: A319 Left

Originally Posted by RockyMntAV8R View Post
I have been waiting for this to be brought up. I think Oskee is correct and F9 is legally required to fill such positions in accordance with this ruling at this time. The last time F9 filled open positions they did so in accordance with this ruling. As much as I want the seperation to be complete asap, the fact is as of today it is not. I can see the possibility of a huge lawsuit looming on the horizon from this disregard of the ruling. All of us at F9 want the list seperated as soon as possible, no one more than me. As long as F9 is part of the RAH nightmare I believe we have to live by the ruling. I don't know why RAH decided not to abide by the ruling and hire from the outside.

The last time F9 filled open positions. The ones that maintained IMSL seniority were the furloughs. There are no longer any furloughs as everyone has had a chance to return to one of the four companies.

These open positions are first officer positions and, from what I understand of the Chatauqua CBA, none of the first officers at the other 3 airlines are allowed by their CBA to voluntarily switch certificates. The captains at the other 3 airlines are unable to bid first officer positions again. Any captain positions that come as a result of this hiring are still fenced.

There is not yet an amalgamated contract or transition agreement.

If I am wrong, please correct me with references to where this is allowed in the Chautauqua CBA. I would very much like to have the information.