Thread: Endeavor Air
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:46 AM
Red97Vette
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: UniCal 737 FO

Originally Posted by N2Core View Post
We are in the same boat... I'm afraid I'm gonna have close to 8,000 hours in the right seat of a regional if I ever get a chance to upgrade. We are the pilots that time forgot.
They will still look at you. I would go to OBAP (even if it goes against common sense and your principals), go ANYWHERE you can get face time in with the head of hiring (C.V.). I know 8,000 hours and a boat load of it TPIC will be great, but it does not disqualify you if you don't have it. I personally know of a few in new hire class right now with out any TPIC that also were not interns. It is rare, but C.V. knows what to look for, if your have a good personality, a good resume, a great record, and a passion you don't have to have TPIC. Its a huge uphill battle but its nice that he will look at you. Just remember to be memorable (for whatever thats worth) and get face time. When he is looking at 10,000+ resumes and he remembers you from where ever, it will possibly boost you WAY over some random that may look better on paper that you.