View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 AM
xjcrew1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by WARich View Post
Man, you guys make it sound like we can't walk and chew gum at the same time........ Try being in a stack with half a dozen different assets in the middle of Afghanistan during a TIC with multiple dudes screaming into different radios......just saying...... Though, so true, the military does love to pack a 2 month program into 6 months.....lol

I think it's safe to say, that no matter what your background once you get to the big guys most have the experience (whatever that may be), to adapt.
Put a regional pilot in that kind of task saturated environment and they will be behind as well. Both have their unique coordination challenges. The CRM/TEM issues that arise in airline cockpit may be a new concept to some military pilots. But I believe most will find concepts fascinating to learn. The threats involved are less in your face screaming and more of a silent Development. I would definitely recommend new hire military guys delve into the safety culture of their new airline. The AQP training often directly correlates to the FOQA and ASAP issues. The human factors aspect of the cockpit can be analyzed and improved on till the end of time.

It's exciting times coming up. I'm looking forward it.