View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Captain Tony
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Originally Posted by berge7f9 View Post

3. Eliminate flying from the fleet that are performing from subpar contracts.

Option #3 in my mind is the most likely possibility. Why not just let the CPA's that involve unprofitable 50 seat jets expire? Thus the ASA and XJT groups ets smaller and then we are small enough to the point where ASA and XJT can be shut down without severely impacting the major airline partners - we get shutdown.

If you are a holding company that had 2 subsidiaries where one is making almost all of your profit and the other one is dragging you down financially and your efforts to fix the subsidiary are unsuccessful, wouldn't it be in your interest to shut down the unprofitable subsidiary?
I've been saying this for a while now. Anyone who's been paying attention knows management basically gave up on this place about a year ago. They have been totally disengaged. They are hoping for concessions as a last ditch effort. Now that that's tanked, the result is inevitable.

Originally Posted by berge7f9 View Post
I hate our present management and think they must be on (insert favorite narcotic here) by printing out bumper stickers that say "I love ExpressJet" and showing us a video in recurrent on the proper method of lifting and storing our flight cases. But I think that our best option now is to accept a contract that is very similar to SkyWest Airlines in exchange for some clauses in a contract that prevents the ASA, XJT, and SKYW airline pilot groups from being whipsawed from each other. Maybe something that says that all future SkyWest Inc. aircraft orders must be split equally between all 3 groups?
This is where you go wrong. You've already tacitly accepted that a shutdown is inevitable (unless we approve concessions, which you agree won't pass). So it's in our best interests to keep voting down TAs, let the 50 seaters expire, let the company shrink, and go get real flying jobs at a major. Don't you think? Their plan is to shut this place down, regardless, then when it reaches a predetermined size, shutter it and let the remaining pilots apply to SkyWest Mainline (without seniority). So max pay to the last day.

In other news, SKYW stock has been TANKING the last few days! I bet Atkins has personally lost millions (on paper).