View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM
PiperDriver2010
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by OUflyer View Post
Yeah I went to Ohio U. I graduated last year. I emailed the faa contact listed on the final ruling and got some further info. She said that they are reviewing the applications as they receive them and I know one school has been approved. If I were you PiperDriver I would try to point your school in the right direction. The instructions are in AC 61-139 and the application is faa form 8700-1. I got my school moving on it early in hopes that they would be one of the first approved. Hopefully they are soon
Thanks for that info OU. I contacted my school about a week ago, and they said they were submitting the app that week. Will you let me know when your school gets approved. I was told anywhere from 30-120 days. This was what the FAA told my school. I am hoping they get approved soon. I've noticed a few airlines that are interviewing and taking applicants with this exception. Not sure how they would handle a pending exception or pending school approval. Maybe I should just contact the airlines and talk to them about it.