View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM
NormalAbnormal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by Captain Tony View Post
When I quit flying a Brasilia at Lakes, and started flying a Brasilia at ASA, I got a $5/hr raise. Second year was almost $10/hr more. ASA Captains were making $10-$15/hr more than GL CAs. This was over 10 years ago. So there's your apples to apples comparison. Today, just look at SkyWest's E120 rate if you have any further questions. GLA has plenty of room to improve their pay and working conditions.
Yes. Apples to apples. Your pay rates at GL on the Brasilia were subsidizing the 1900 pay rates. At ASA, your Brasilia pay rates were subsidized by the CRJ-200 and ATR. Skywest is the same as ASA, Brasilia pay is subsidized by revenue from other aircraft in the fleet.

Originally Posted by Captain Tony View Post
They just don't want to because Voss is such a cheap skate miser who is proud of operating the sweatshop of the industry.
Are you suggesting that George and John weren't?

I'm not trying to rationalize or justify pay rates or managements. I'm just trying to point out the cold hard truth of math, and the math really sucks. I get that. I just see way too many people on this forum think a magic wand can be waved and everything would be better. At the end of the day, the math and accounting have to work.

Last edited by NormalAbnormal; 08-19-2013 at 12:13 PM.