View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by Captain Tony View Post
Other half of my company? One half of MY company is ASA, the other half is ExpressJet. You work for SkyWest Airlines, a non union carrier which is being whipsawed against my company in order to undermine my union contract. Pilots who go to work for a non union company which exists solely to whipsaw a union company owned by the same holding company are only one short step from being a "crusty dried wound" in my opinion.

But sorry for being so juvenile when it comes to my pay and quality of life. Thanks for the lecture oh wise one.
Time out Cpt Tony....The SkyWest pilots aren't to blame for this mess we find ourselves in. The 3 main reasons are:

1. Failure by ALPA to implement brand scope over a decade ago when they had the opportunity...That ship has sailed and we now must deal with the consequences of ALPA's failure.

2. The Pinnacle/Endeavor contract....Not the SkyWest pay and workrules, but an ALPA negotiated and signed contract is putting the new pressure on our contract.

3. Our "brothers" over on the LXJT side with their silly PBS game they have been playing which dragged this out so that the concessions given by Eagle and Pinnacle now factor into "pattern bargaining".....Brilliant move by the LXJT children.

Blaming the SkyWest folks for a mess that is largely ALPA's doing is silly...Your starting to sound like Nevets.....
Once Skywest Inc wins flying, that is when we get whipsawed again against the Skywest airlines pilots. By the way, Skywest inc has 200 aircraft on order.

The PBS issue would have been resolved if your MEC would have compromised. It took them a year to come to that compromise. Not the XJT MEC's fault.