View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Hrkdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Fairly local

Originally Posted by mayutt View Post
...things taught aren't rocket surgery, but they do take time to think through and practice. I'm really glad that I now have time to think about how to give good solid interview answers at my own pace; I know that I'll be much more confident and perform exponentially better when I do get the call.

Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, once you pay for the workshop, you can go back and practice, brush up, ask questions, whatever, all you want. So there really is zero reason to wait...
^This. The two most iportant aspects for me. The first time I sat through a seminar I learned how not ready I was. Plus I can go back any time, or do a phone consult, no charge.

I thought I was ready to "interview" when I showed up for a seminar since I've interviewed a few times in my career. Sit across from Aaron when he puts on the "no feedback" hard HR face and see how smooth you feel. It gave me a lot to think about. Now I have had some time to rethink my answers and will be better prepared (not rote) for the real thing.

Being a customer for life, I will schedule another seminar if/when I get an interview call, or maybe even before, as a refresher.

It's another step in the eduaction process for me. Having done it already means I'll stress less in the meantime, knowing I've done everything I can within my span of crontrol.