View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Grumble
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by Hrkdrivr View Post
^This. The two most iportant aspects for me. The first time I sat through a seminar I learned how not ready I was. Plus I can go back any time, or do a phone consult, no charge.

I thought I was ready to "interview" when I showed up for a seminar since I've interviewed a few times in my career. Sit across from Aaron when he puts on the "no feedback" hard HR face and see how smooth you feel. It gave me a lot to think about. Now I have had some time to rethink my answers and will be better prepared (not rote) for the real thing.

Being a customer for life, I will schedule another seminar if/when I get an interview call, or maybe even before, as a refresher.

It's another step in the eduaction process for me. Having done it already means I'll stress less in the meantime, knowing I've done everything I can within my span of crontrol.
This is no joke. See how you feel when he starts playing the confontational games, trying to make you second guess yourself with the entire class watching. All of a sudden you realize how fast your brain stops functioning.

Preparing how to handle those and other interview moments, for a multimillion dollar job, Albie is a freakin' steal. I'll follow up later with whether or not I'm actually able to apply what he taught.