View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 05:05 AM
JT400
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Former AF and ANG, 747-400 FO, 767 CA

Originally Posted by Pavedickey View Post
Probable bottom line from an interviewer's perspective. Are you wearing three or four stripes on your shoulder? Have you been through your company's Captain upgrade course? If the answer is three and no, then don't even think about calling it PIC time. It makes one appear to be padding the experience level and will probably kill your interview at most companies IMHO.
+1. We are splitting hairs now about this logging time while the Captain is sleeping. I have seen a few, probably 3% of the guys I fly with actually put their names on the release and log the time. It's only going to be a max of 3 hours. When you put Type rating: 747-400, -8F on your resume and after a couple of years you have 30 hours of PIC time, as an interviewer I would be curious about what this guy is trying to do by taking the trouble to log this. AS said above. How many stripes again when you logged this time? As an interviewer it would look silly. So why are you taking the trouble to impress the interviewer with this? In addition, this will not help you upgrade to Captain any faster at Atlas. Why bother? The FOM doesn't say you must do this and it really is quite silly in IMHO.