View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 05:22 AM
AA767AV8TOR
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Widow's Son
BrethrAAn,

First of all, I don't fly RJ's, and never have. Secondly, my airline's payscale is higher than yours so don't lecture me on selling myself short.
I know RJ Captains making in excess of 100k and I know AA FO's making less than 100k and they both have the same years of service. I know one particular comrade of yours who told me recently if his old regional carrier would give him his original seniority back he would bolt in a heartbeat.
Like the majors, there are good regional carriers and bad ones. RJ pay is rising and legacy pay is falling as Darwinism does its thing. Don't get stuck looking down on them because you just may find yourself looking up at them.

Widow's Son,

Exactly my point. RJ drivers are pulling us all down to their payscales and not the other way around. I have to say that legacy pay is falling at a much faster rate than RJ pay is climbing.

With ticket prices in the gutter, RJ's will continue to be a very inefficient part of the overall business model. They have a very high cost per seat mile and there are simply too many of them flying around and taking up valuable landing slots. Look at all the delays trying to get into ORD.