View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Jack Bauer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
So please tell me that if Pinnacle/Endeavor had liquidated, how many RJ's would Delta still have had ownership responsibility for? Hint: the answer was in the bankruptcy disclosures, and it was 141 CRJ-200 and 41 CRJ-900. PCL was only obligated to 16 CRJ-900, and those along with the former Colgan Q400 were the first aircraft they rejected in court. Oh, and tell me what Delta would have looked like with the loss of 1/3 of DCI over the summer...I think they were about 8% of our domestic network.

You choose to ignore reality. Your view would have not been the most beneficial outcome for Delta mainline pilots.
You are ignoring the fact a host of the RJ contracts are coming up and would not need to be renewed (this also was part of
the "time limited opportunity" along with engine overhaul requirements). Management needed to quickly implement a program to switch out and renew contracts before heaven forbid someone from the union fought against outsourced C-scale pilots performing Delta flying. Focus on the the 717 yall....don't watch what I am doing with this other hand.

Management and you fail to bring that up though. Your response is so management groupthink ingrained you completely overlooked the obvious answer to your own question..."Oh, and tell me what Delta would have looked like with the loss of 1/3 of DCI over the summer...I think they were about 8% of our domestic network."

The answer: A transition program implemented well ahead of time to keep the planes flying.....By DELTA MAINLINE PILOTS!