View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Columbia View Post
Yep-got completely played.
I don't think our MEC admin got played at all Columbia. They were all smart guys. Our guys agreed to this because they truly believe in doing what's best for the company and it will eventually trickle down to employees. This is why the Wall Street Journal describes our union president as a "new style" union leader and a "breath of fresh air."

Originally Posted by Columbia View Post
DALs market capitalization has increased by $7 Billion since the contract ratification. Historic profits, stock options payouts, stock buy backs, dividend payments and dalpa fell for the bluff at the poker table that there was simply no more $$$ to be had.
That line of reasoning was for the members benefit only. DALPA didn't fall for a bluff because they were partners in the excuse making. I said early on in that process that the items in our early negotiations had already been agreed to before those negotiations began. The ensuing months were all about devising the correct series of sales pressure and talking points to obtain 50% plus.

I believe the exact same thing is happening again regarding the NRT slots and JV. DALPA has already provided relief as requested by management. Our MEC is now simply taking care to produce the properly worded documents to show why they did what they've already done.

Carl