Old 09-06-2013, 10:26 AM
justjack
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

I have no hope that it has helped- but my wife has called the White House 202-456-1111 several times and DOJ several times 202-456-1555.
A couple of interesting observations the WH operators SEEMED more interested when she started out- "I'm a Democrat" but also the last time that she called the operator said that they were asking everyone to call DOJ re this subject and proceeded to rattle off the number. When she told the WH operator that she had already called that number several times and that she always gets a recording, the response was,"Oh, they are listening."
It’s funny because some days she would call DOJ and just quote Warren Buffett. Other days she quoted statistics from this Forbes article Airlines, Not Yet Where They Want To Be, Make 21 Cents Per Passenger - Forbes

Having said this, in 2003 she faxed a letter to every U.S. Senator and most House Representatives and explained that USAirways was using fuzzy, elastic math to formulate justification to put my retirement into the PBGC. She also predicted that if USAirways got away with this that every other legacy carrier would most assuredly follow suit. What did it change? Nothing.

I despise Doug Parker. Be that as it may, I will do anything that I can to show support this merger. In the end I would still say, go if you can. Ten years from now at least you can say that you tried. You never know.