View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 PM
LAX Pilot
Peace Love Understanding

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Airbus

Originally Posted by Regularguy View Post
Hey LAX:

The ISL Arbitrators saw through all the mis-direction of who bought who and the intentions of the company. But regardless, the truth is ex-CAL runs the show at UAL today.

Let's make a list:
1. ex-CAL operating certificate
2. ex-CAL Sr. VP of Flight Ops
3. ex-CAL Maint. Certificate
4. ex-CAL Reservations System.
5. ex-CAL Cabin seating (for the most part)
6. modified ex-CAL Pass Travel system.
7. ex-CAL Expense reimbursement system.
8. ex-CAL Video Learning
9. ex-CAL Contract (mostly).
10. ex-CAL Paint Job
11. ex-CAL Uniform (slight color change and Buck Rogers wings and logo)
12. ex-CAL Pilot Base names.
13. ex-CAL CCS
14. ex-CAL PBS.

Need I go on? The only thing which make this airline United is the name and the financial backing.

Better get over it LAX pilot (I'm ex-UAL).
Seriously? You name a couple management people as well as a couple lousy IT systems and that proves CAL bought United?

That's the STUPIDEST thing I EVER HEARD.

The FUNNIEST is #9 Ex-CAL Contract. Dude, the contract was almost IDENTICAL to the UAL contract. The only thing than changed was pay rates for us. CAL pilots got the benefit of the UAL work rules. Even your NC Chairman stated they negotiated off the UAL contract. Also #3 we are using the United Maintenance Certificate. The same one we used before we bought Continental.

OMG this is hilarious.... paint job? LOL

Base names? What does that mean exactly? We didn't name our bases at United? If you mean calling EWR "Sewark" everyone in the world calls Newark that name. Or IAH "Redneckville".

I will admit we did gain some choice places to live like New Jersey, Texas, and Ohio.