View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Tjlesatz
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2013
Default Introduction

Hello everyone. I am currently a student pilot with about 55 hours flying time. I just passed my written examination today with a 90%. All I have to finish up on is the night cross country and the 5 hours of solo cross country time. I know that I have a higher than average number of hours, however my first logged hour of flight instruction was from when I was 13 years old. I had 2 or 3 hours a year until I turned 17, and then I seriously started pursuing my flight instruction. I had gotten soloed and started doing cross countries and the 10 take offs and landings at night. I was very much on the path of getting my PPL until I decided to join the Army National Guard and had to ship out for 6 months due to training. When I returned home, it was winter in my home state of Wisconsin, so flying was very difficult to do. Nevertheless, I picked up hours when and where I could, however nothing steady enough to prepare my for my checkride. I then moved, and I am now doing training in a Cessna 172 instead of a 150. Because of that, I had to do a few hours to get me used to the C172 and then get soloed. Inevitibly, I had to go back and do some rust breakers to get me back up to where I was before I left for training. I am now at that stage and very much past it. Now I just have to finish up the requirements I mentioned above and then prepare for and take my checkride. If everything goes perfectly well, I should have it by the end of the month. I intend on becoming an airline pilot and making a career out of flying airplanes!