View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 PM
GoCats67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by APC225 View Post
Flight Ops update, 13 Sept

And I don't think it will be a "mania." We can only bid into vacancies and from what I've heard of the LUAL bidding process those vacancies don't come in hundreds at a time like they did at LCAL. I also think they'll proceed slowly to avoid displacements because of the multiple training cycles it can cause.

However I do think those sitting at the bottom of a CA or FO 737 seat may be in for an age-65 type stagnation as most vacancies will be filled by people senior to you. For the OTS hires, the intermixed LUAL hires are taking their more senior FO positions already in the Oct bid month, and hundreds more will be trickling in as they accept recalls for a few years. For the CAs, the junior LUAL CA is at about 6300 and the junior LCAL CA is at 9300. Those 1714 LUAL FOs in between will be considering 737 left seat vacancies and that may also take years to settle out.
while I agee our Vacancy bids have been smaller, that is because they came out monthly. I remember back in the glory days some monthly bids with 300 awards! Since we are now every so slightly larger than we were then, it wouldn't surprise me to see some pretty large bids coming out pretty soon. I agree that they will be somewhat muted by the fact that the company will likely not want to "bump" anymore pilots than they have to, so they may just manage the flying out of other domiciles during the coming months until attrition helps right size things