View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Wow. And people tell me I'm obsessed? I didn't know Obama had re-appointed her for another 3 years. Shows how much I follow anything related to her or to Obama, he's too much of a train wreck to follow.

Social media is overrated. Why do we live in a society that is so "look at ME" oriented. Just glance through the average person's facebook or twitter and it's filled with dozens of pictures of themselves. Ugh. I don't have a twitter account and hardly ever use facebook. If the NTSB wants to release information, put it on their website for links we can click on. Stop "tweeting" information. My primary issue with the direction the leader of the NTSB has chosen is to release tidbits of information out of context just a day or two after the crash. That's another part of society, people want answers and they want them today. People used to be patient. But not anymore. If I was leading an investigation, my media statement would be simply that we are aware of the accident, are investigating it, and will put out a preliminary report soon. (Btw, have you even seen preliminary reports for the Asiana or Southwest or UPS crash? ---- whole lotta press statements without issuing a single report - and that should say something).
So your issue is not with the fact that information was released, but the method in which the information was released?