View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 11:32 AM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
So your issue is not with the fact that information was released, but the method in which the information was released?
Partially correct. See this part:

"My primary issue with the direction the leader of the NTSB has chosen is to release tidbits of information out of context just a day or two after the crash. That's another part of society, people want answers and they want them today. People used to be patient. But not anymore. If I was leading an investigation, my media statement would be simply that we are aware of the accident, are investigating it, and will put out a preliminary report soon. (Btw, have you even seen preliminary reports for the Asiana or Southwest or UPS crash? ---- whole lotta press statements without issuing a single report - and that should say something)."

Put another way, if you are going to stand in front of the country and start releasing facts as to what's known "so far" just 2 days after the crash, then put out a preliminary report at the same time. If you feel you don't have enough information for even a preliminary report, then you shouldn't be saying anything nationally to the media/public. Let the investigation take its course over time. Patience is a virtue todays average person (and the media) do not have.