View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:06 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

How can you say a 9e captain deserves the seat any more then a former xj or 9l pilot? Yes 9L lost their planes and XJ lost their saabs but don't forget that 9e lost 900's and 200's are both former 9e and XJ. So we all have lost something so no pilot group is better then the other.
I don't pop my head much in these kinds of threads anymore, but just to keep it factual 9E didn't lose anything until of recent the 16 ATL -900s and now a couple -200s to Kingman. But even prior to that, Colgan was all gone and so were the XJ Saabs. That's just factual and the reason I said 9E deserves their seats. But none of that matters, all that matters is the principle of it. The written award is quite clear: cannot be awarded or displaced unless 541 and 100 9E/XJ Captains on the -200s. So the first 641 Captains have to be those two airlines, and if there are 641 or less positions, then that means every single Colgan pilot should be downgraded even if they are more "senior" on the list. Same with the -900 279/95 ratio. The first 374 should be XJ/9E Captains and if above that then in seniority order. But, I'm sure 9L reps are going to pull the career expectation card and do whatever they can to make sure they maintain their CAs in the left seats of RJs. Just do a factual check yourself though, and you will find that even the most bottom barrel original 9E Captain was hired in 2006. No 9E Captains in 2007. In comparison XJ has quite a few CAs hired in 2007 and Colgan has plenty of CAs hired in 2007 and 2008. But you are right, this isn't my fight so carry on.........