View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:54 PM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right
Default Logging PIC time in the AF

So I am a little confused as to how I should be logging PIC time as it pertains to reporting that time on an Airline App. It seems as though the general consensus on here is split down the middle as to whether it is a good idea to maintain your own logbook or just use the ARMS printout. My question is if I choose to just use the ARMS printout how do I distinguish between PIC and SIC time? We all know that there is only one A-code on the jet and Primary and Secondary time is always split down the middle so without maintaining your own logbook that tracks when you had the A-code how do you know what is PIC time and what isn't? The ARMS printout won't help because if you are just using Primary time as PIC time then obviously you will be short changing yourself.

A little background about myself...

I was a T-6 FAIP that was sent to a heavy platform. I went through Initial Qual as an AC and was designated an AC right off the bat; no First Pilot program in my jet. So I understand all of my time as a student in UPT, PIT, and Initial Qual will be SIC time and my time as an IP in the T-6 will be Instructor Time, but how do I determine what time is PIC in my current platform as an AC without tracking each hour myself that I had the A-code?

Obviously the ARMS printout will not distinguish when I had the A-code so how do guys get by not maintaining their own logbook?

Appreciate any advice y'all can provide...