Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Chrisw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: underemployed

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
Nobody forced anyone to stay at Silver that's a fact the lifers chose to make that decision and that's on them. I'd rather see a cancer on the industry close up and my friends get better jobs elsewhere. Even if you upgrade and get the magical TPIC now you just joined the ranks of thousands of other guys it won't be getting you a call any quicker. You might as well make some live able coin and a better QOL while you're waiting for the majors.
Oh gotcha. So I was wrong. You don't care about the guys you used to work with at silver. Or you seem to think you should be the one to decide where we work. And yes the tpic will get us there quicker for some. If you think that tpic doesn't help a resume you may be one of those that spends a long time(or a career) at a regional and that is fine. The PIC is a huge part of being competetive. There is a lot more to getting a job in a competetive market than just hours but that part is important. You wanted out. Got it. Not all do. Just didn't think you were the type that would be happy to see your former brothers forced to start at first year RJ pay when some are close to their short term goal of TPIC because you thought it was best.

Oh and for the lifers, I don't get it either. I don't understand how someone could be happy making a career on a Slob out of FLL. But as you said, that's their choice.