Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Chrisw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: underemployed

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
I have a friend who left Silver as a Captain to start over again and his first yr pay will be better than his 2nd pay on captain. I'm not even going to start on how it'll be when he gets on 2nd yr pay. It's not that bad out there but hey if you wanna hang out for another yr or two waiting on an upgrade then great but you just passed up seniority and possibly an upgrade somewhere better.
I don't believe it will be a year or two. Someone from my new hire class just finished Saab captain IOE last week. I can not think of a regional that will pay more than 3rd yr silver captain pay within the first 5 years of FO pay somewhere else. The purpose of my initial comment was not to glorify silver. Nobody can make silver look like a perfect regional for everyone( or anyone!). I was merely saying help those that are still here by commenting less with meaningless posts that drive people away so we can hire so we can upgrade. That's all. Your new regional is a great example of the way things should be for other regionals, but the upgrade at delta is shorter than that place. I need the pic and with the people I know in places I can get interviews. Do what you want but letting people ask questions about potential employment without being told to go somewhere else will help us hire and then upgrade.