Thread: Florida Jet
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
clear4approach
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by Elusive Napkin View Post
It was never meant in a CRM sense... More like a, "hey you are going to empty lavs and polish leading edges, buy newspapers, get the plane ready, and the captain will show up for the flight" I can see where you're coming from though. They always had a good policy of mentoring. Everyone gets typed, and when you fly you do so from the left seat.
Yeah, I was being tongue-in-cheek about the whole CRM thing, but it still strikes me as a negative, rather than a positive, the way this company is being presented.
An owner who tells you you're snake ******? Makes you empty lavs? Polish leading edges? Do personal errands for him? Oh, and he pays you crap too.
Sounds to me like he takes advantage of low time guys, and makes them feel like they're "earning" their jet time.
He and the low timers that accept the "job" with starry-eyed visions of burning Jet-A are symptomatic of what is wrong with this industry.
Unless you're getting hired as an assistant or all-around jack of trades who he'll let fly occasionally, then have some respect for yourself and this profession, and work elsewhere.
You want to "earn" a jet job? Get your commercial, build some hours, network, learn, show interest, be humble, and create an opportunity at at least a decent company. Not one that seems to treat you like this place.