Thread: Florida Jet
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Elusive Napkin
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: 757 FO

Originally Posted by clear4approach View Post
Yeah I get your point it just makes me sad that collectively, we've lowered our standards to "Well, at least the owner is upfront and tells you the job is crap." We as pilots should try to raise the bar.
I get that, but I don't think we've lowered ourselves to that point. There will always be crap jobs. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? You think every new pilot should just sit it out and wait on FedEx to call? All those guys that hung around the FBO and washed planes for some flight time are lowering the bar now? Towing banners for crap money? Lowered bar? Are we that elitist with our skill set? I sure hope not. I get pattern bargaining and all that, but to bargain you have to have leverage. And leverage is one thing you have none of when you are searching for a job to get experience.

For the record, my point on this particular company is you work hard, and yeah you do a lot of other non-flying stuff. If hard work = crap then that's a whole different thing. You fly extremely well maintained equipment and they don't push the safety envelope like a lot of other operators out there. At least you did 9 years ago when I was out at FXE.