View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 05:24 PM
PappyBoyington
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by gcpilot View Post
What seems to be the major cause of failure for the regional pilots there; medical, sim, attitude or any other reasons??
I'm not really sure exactly why people are not passing either the pre-screen or actual Tokyo screening. To my knowledge, they don't even tell you why you are not chosen. The only thing I can say is you need to really put in the prep work for both evals. Personally, I was studying for the interview months before the actual trip to Tokyo, and spending about 2 hours a night when I was home on the computer flight sim going over that portion.

A couple of things brought up in SEA from others that I talked to after the sim..... Seemed like many had problems with their instrument scan. RJ drivers are used to looking at one PFD, and lose that old scan quick. Many complained on how pitch sensitive the sim was. As PuppetMaster stated.....trim, trim, trim! Finally, a few said they didn't know where things were in the cockpit. Things like flap indicators, gear indicators, etc... which led to them omitting instruments and getting off altitude. It all goes back to putting in the time to prep.

@PuppetMaster...looking forward to it!