View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:32 PM
The Dominican
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: 747 captain

I don't particularly think that eval failures are higher depending on the fact that you were an RJ driver before. After all, we have a lot of former RJ drivers flying the line today, it seems to be equally tough to pass this interview regardless, I interviewed with three other pilots, all captains, 737, 747(classic), MD11 and I was the only one hired...! But the scanning of a hybrid panel (part EFIS, part steam) seems to be a problem, specially if you have been flying nothing but steam or nothing but EFIS for the past few years. The other day we were at an air show and I approached some folks from a flight school that were there, I took a look at a C172 that was there and there were nothing but screens in this thing, I can see how somebody that learns to fly like this and then continues his/her career with EFIS a/c (it be an RJ or an A380) would have trouble to scan properly being placed on a hybrid cockpit like the 76. As PB said, know your profiles down cold and if you haven't flown any steam at all (or haven't done it in a long time) maybe some sim time would be recommendable.

Congrats PB, see you at little Italy or the Barge...!