View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 02:52 PM
ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

YES!! I did attend. Seems like a good company, I saw alot familair faces from the area. There schedule is as advertised before. 6 days on 4 days off. New FO's make 25,000 a year. You upgrade to capt when you reach 1500hrs. Upgrades are based on merit not seniority. You are reviewed by capt board when upgrade time comes. Training is 2wks ground school in MHT then 2wks @Simcom in Orlando. You get your RVSM Cert. Then you go to Groton CT for water survival skills. Then you have your check ride before being released to the line. I filled out an application, even got a free MUG. Talked with an FO that I knew from my home airport that works there. We watched a slide show about the company. They told some stories of the type of flying they do. They said there is one place called the "Farm" and it is an owners farm the they land on. They takeoff on strips as little as 1700ft. Pretty intresting. The only problem I see is the gross Wgt is under 12,500lbs, its single engine, and cert for single pilot which could be a problem with logging time as SIC. I am still not sure about it, if that it is the right choice for someone who wants to fly a 777 someday.

Chris