View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 07:19 AM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by crewdawg52 View Post
Excuse me! You think it's tragic a capt makes more than a NB airline capt. How many times have you been over there? How long! have you been over there? My guess NADA! Probably never wore a military uniform either. Was over in the "sandbox" many times during 90- 95, so I can speak from experience. Just what does a nb capt do? T/O and land. What responsibliity does a nb capt have compared to an O-3? Not many. Does he have to worry about a sam coming up his a$$? I think not! the nb capt is gone from home maybe 14 -15 days a month. Try 6 - 12 months!

There's too much to go on and on. So, the bottom line, anyone over in the box should be paid double what they're makeing now.
You seem to think I was insinuating officers are paid too much.
Quite the contrary; I was saying airline pilots are paid too little. You also missed my very simple point - what financial incentive does a military pilot have to make a leap to airline flying when they can make more (sometimes MUCH more) money by staying in and taking the occasional deployment? One guy in my ANG unit was a young single 1Lt who had taken three voluntary deployments because he "can't afford to go back to my old job because I make too much money."

For whatever its worth, I did wear the uniform in ROTC and the ANG but was never deployed. I had a training line for UPT but got washed out of Brooks due to ocular hypertension. I have friends from ROTC in college who have been deployed, shot at, wounded and a couple guys I went to high school with deployed to Iraq and came back in caskets.

Stand down my friend - I'm for ya, not against ya...