View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 AM
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 CA MIA
Default Hiring announced

American Airlines is going to begin hiring pilots! I think I could probably end the message there and everyone would be satisfied, but perhaps a bit more detail is appropriate.

The application window will open tomorrow, Oct. 1 at 1200 CT, and we expect our first class of new hires to start on Dec. 3. That’s a pretty short window, so the recruitment team, headed by our own Patty Taylor, is going to be moving extremely quickly to get everything done in time.

We want to make sure we hire not only the most technically skilled pilots, but also pilots that “fit” with and within the American Airlines culture, so a lot of time and energy has gone into the development of our pilot recruitment process. You’ll see that technology plays a big role in the initial stages; however, since you are the ones that will fly with these people, we have a group of AA pilots that will interview the applicants that make it to the final stages of the hiring process, and they will have a major voice in the hiring decision.

I’m sure that many of you have friends or family that will be interested in applying, so we’re also adding a Recruitment page to AAPilots that will include the specifics on the interview process, a Pilot Selection Process Guide, instructions on how you can submit references/recommendation letters, and answer a few common questions.

Speaking of recommendations, please be selective about those you recommend. Your feedback will be given serious consideration, so make sure you’re only recommending someone you’re willing to work with for years to come.

This is extremely exciting news. It means movement and more opportunity – things we’ve all been looking forward to. So, when you see that person in the dark suit wandering the halls of the Flight Academy, stop them, shake their hand, and let them know how happy we are that they want to be a part of our great airline.

CA John Hale