View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 AM
holdingoverndb
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: B734/5/6/7/800 Right seat,reading the newspaper..

Hello everybody.
I’m not a big poster here, but was recently made aware of AJX by a colleague who is going there next month.
I would like to thank everybody here for their contributions and also on pprune’s site.
Tons of info here. Haven’t read it all, but getting there. A special Thank you to Mr.Dominican.

Just got a few questions, before I fill out the app. with crew. Was going to use crew as I got the impression it was the best choice for medical insurance for the family in the US.

With AJX’s apparent need for pilots(double in size?) combined with US pilots leaving(are they?)AJX to go home these days, is it likely that a Pay/benefits improvement will be seen at AJX in the future?
To me the pay looks ok. Days off(at home with family),is more important for me.

-Medical. Anybody passed with a Incomplete Right Bundle Branch, or is this disqualifying?
-Vision. Using reading glasses (+1.5).Is this ok?
-On Crew’s application page there is a lot of flight time to fill out. Does this have to be down to the minute accurate, or will you be asked by AJX at a later stage in the hiring process to present “super accurate” logbook numbers? Or is what you gave crew on their application ,set in stone?
Asking as I’m overseas right now (for a while) and only got my last logbook with me.
Hard to get all those numbers (completely) accurate, with logbooks, 7 time zones away. ---For the 737 is a grand total ok ,or should it be divided into 400/500/and so on?
-Valid Jet Aircraft Command Rating-Will a FAA ATP LR JET do?
(Haven’t flown in the US since 1995)

Personally I find the commuting contract with Air Japan (much)more tempting/interesting than a crash pad in Phoenix with SWA the next 3 years.

Thanks in advance.
From an old fart(50),but guess that isn’t disqualifying?

FAA ATP LR JET,JAA FCL ATPL(B737 sic only),FAA and JAR Class 1 Medical, TT:9200,B737:4610,Turbine PIC:1045.(Correction,:1045:03)
Cheers.